By Aesthetica Med Spa
HCG DIET AUSTIN
Great Ways to Lose Weight with the HCG Diet Plan from Dr. Sharon Sneed MS, PhD
WHAT IS HCG?HCG stands for “Human Chorionic Gonadotropin,” which is best known as the hormone women make when they are pregnant. If you inject it daily while sticking to a regimented diet, you can generally lose a half-pound a day. This is not something you can get over the counter. I recommend you only use it under doctor’s supervision. Otherwise, it can be risky.
HOW DOES IT WORK?HCG changes how you lose weight. It’s not a weight loss drug but a weight loss adjunct or amplifier of sorts. Usually, if you reduce your calorie intake, you’ll lose weight but you won’t keep it off because the weight you lose with diets alone target muscle mass. But with a low-calorie diet and HCG, you lose very little muscle and therefore significant amounts of bodyfat. But remember, the diet and the medication are 2 different pieces of the puzzle.
- Get an auto coffee maker and have it set as an alarm clock so that it is ready for you when you get up. If you find yourself drinking too much, thin it out with a little warm water.
- Ask your doctor about temporary appetite suppressants.
- Preplan everything. Know the day before what you will do for each meal and how you will manage going out.
- If you do not have time to cook every day, prepare grilled chicken breast in advance and they keep nicely when wrapped in parchment paper. They stay very moist.
- A good dipping sauce can be made from blenderized combinations of red bell peppers and one of the very lo-cal dressings.
- An excellent selection of great-tasting salad dressings is available from Walden Farms. This brand can be found at many supermarkets and specialty food stores.
- As for a mashed potato substitute, try cooking cauliflower and rutabaga (yep, you heard me right) and mix with a little fat free Greek yogurt. Mash and season as if making mashed potatoes.
- On special occasions, substitute one glass of wine for the fruit portion. Shoot for a four ounce pour.
- Never, never forget your vitamins, magnesium supplement, or the weekly shot you get at the office.
- Keep chilled iced tea (or hot tea) at the ready for in-between meals and to keep well hydrated.