HAIR LOSS TREATMENT
STEMGLO™ PRP HAIR RESTORATION
Hair loss affects approximately 70% of men by the age of 70 years, with 25% of men balding by the age of 30 years. The causes of hair loss are varied, and range from environmental and stress factors, to hormonal imbalances, and depletion of stem cells.
Successful management of hair loss requires a balanced and skilled approach. Hair loss is usually a gradual process, with a gradual loss of thickness and strength of individual hair follicles.
By providing the right cellular and biochemical environment to these hair follicles, studies have shown that the rate of hair loss can be arrested, and in some cases reversed. Cutting-edge use of the body’s own stem cells, through the administration of Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP), has been shown to improve hair growth and quality in the long-run.
Hair loss also affects approximately 50% of women by the age of 70 years. This can have a huge psychological impact on these individuals. Hair loss in women can also be managed with a variety of medical, hormonal, and stem-cell therapies.
PLATELET RICH PLASMA | AUSTIN PRP HAIR RESTORATION
- In PRP hair restoration, PRP will be injected into the scalp. The application of PRP causes miniaturized hair follicles to become healthier and larger, producing more robust hair growth. PRP activates follicular progenitor cells (adult stem cells) and PRP is loaded with growth factors that promote rapid angiogenesis and localized cell growth. Effective for both male and female pattern hair loss, PRP has also regrown hair in alopecia area, eyebrow hypotrichosis and other patient cases with non-hereditary hair loss.
- The recovery from PRP therapy is typically uneventful. Pain is easily managed in most cases with non-narcotic analgesic medication such as Ibuprofen. Some mild swelling of the forehead is occasionally seen 4-6 hours after PRP injections. This is normal and will resolve in 48 hours. Avoiding vigorous activity is recommended until the swelling is gone. There is no other downtime or noticeable effects of the procedure. Patients can wash their hair normally immediately after the injections.
- A PRP Hair Resoration treatment takes about 80 minutes to complete. First, a blood sample is obtained which is specially processed to produce the PRP. A local anesthetic is then administered to completely numb the scalp treatment area. If desired, a sedative can be administered. The PRP are combined and then administered via a series of injections over the full scalp or in a localized treatment area such as the eyebrows or beard.
- New hair growth can be seen as early as 2 months, but is typically evident between 5-8 months and will continue to improve up to a year after treatment.
PRP HAIR RESTORATION THERAPY IS A VERSATILE TOOL IN THE TREATMENT OF HAIR LOSS FOR A NUMBER OF CAUSES INCLUDING:
- Male Pattern Hair Loss – especially in the early stages of balding,or anytime there is a lot of miniaturized hair on the scalp
- Female Pattern Hair Loss – at all stages of hair loss
- Hypotrichosis (fine/reduced hairs) of the eyebrows or beard
- Alopecia Areata, Alopecia Totalis
- Metabolic causes of hair loss – iron deficiency and medication induced hair loss