FINDING SPIDER VEIN TREATMENT
WHAT ARE SPIDER VEINS?
Spider Veins are small purple to red blood vessels often visible on the leg, ankle or foot. The exact cause is unknown, but heredity plays a strong role in the development of this condition. These should not be confused with varicose veins, which are larger, deeper veins that are usually lumpy and sometimes deeper purple in color. Varicose veins may sometimes cause leg discomfort, whereas spider veins are usually pain free. Spider veins are progressive, and usually increase in number and visibility with age.
SPIDER VEIN TREATMENT
The oldest and most common treatment for spider veins on the legs is sclerotherapy. This involves injection of a sclerosing agent into the veins, which irritates the vessels, causing them to scar and become less noticeable. Often, the veins do not actually go away, but become less visible because of the reaction around the walls of the vein. The injections may sting a bit, especially if saline is used, but the discomfort does not last long.
- Varicose veins usually are larger in size
- Varicose veins tend to bulge
More than one treatment is usually required, since all the veins will not respond to the first treatment. Also, since this is a progressive condition, the patient can expect new spider veins to occur over time, which may require treatment every few years to maintain the improvement.
SPIDER VEIN TREATMENT BENEFITS
- No downtime-patients can immediately resume work and all normal activities
- Little or no discomfort
- Overall improvement in the appearance is achieved
- Sclerotherapy is a safe, time-proven procedure
OTHER SPIDER VEIN TREATMENT CONSIDERATIONS
- Support stockings are often used to help keep treated veins closed and reduce bruising
- Initial bruising may occur
- Color changes, and small areas of scarring can occur in the skin
- It is best to avoid direct sunlight during the first couple of weeks following treatment
FREE SPIDER VEIN CONSULTATION IN AUSTIN WITH AESTHETICA MEDSPA
To learn more about the Spider Vein Treatment in Austin, you can request your free consultation online or call our office at 512-899-2639.